Updating images on a WordPress website built using Cornerstone is quick and easy. You should already have an image ready – ie cropped if need be, compressed and saved for web. If you don’t know how to prepare images for web, please go through this tutorial on how to save images for web first.
Video: How to update images using Cornerstone
If you prefer watching videos this tutorial guides you through the same things you’ll find in this post. I recommend watching this first – it may be all you need to do. It is a little over 5 minutes long.
Updating a Standard Image
Pretty simple this.
- Click on the image
- In the left Cornerstone edit column click on the image
- Upload your new image by clicking the image box again, then choose an image from the media library or drag an image onto the page to upload it
- Once you’ve chosen you can then decide whether you want it to link to anything or not and how you want it aligned
- Don’t forget to include alt text which describes your image – this is the text the search engines read. Don’t keyword stuff this – just describe the images
Updating a Background Image
This is very quick.
- Click on the section part of the page
- In the left edit column click on the image
- Click on the image box again and choose an image from your media library or upload an image by dragging it onto the library
- Click to have a parallax effect
- Click to have a pattern effect
The effects can look great – test them out and see how they work with your site and image.